The first home of the Victoria was built in 1897 as the Victoria Assembly Rooms on Market Hill and in 1911 became the Electric Theatre Picture House. In 1915, after refurbishment, it reopened as the Victoria Cinema and remained at the site until 1921. A new Victoria Cinema opened in 1930 in a building closer to Market Street.
|The first home of the Victoria Cinema - 1916
The building went under a refit in 1952 and in November 1972 it held the first all-night horror film show. It was recorded that over 600 people came to watch the all night show which ran from 11:30pm to 8:00am.
|The second home of the Victoria Cinema