|Addenbrooke's Hospital in Trumpington Street|
The first part of the hospital was built in 1740 and there to care for the poor people of any parish or county. In 1766 an act of parliament was passed making it a general hospital.
Over the years further funding was raised to complete much needed extension work.
In the mid- twentieth century a need for a more modern and larger hospital came and this led to work beginning on Addenbrooke's hospital in Hills Road.
The First stage of the new hospital was opened by the Queen in 1962. The old Addenbrooke's hospital finally closed in 1984.